Black cats are some of the best cats around – ask anyone who is lucky enough to have one in their lives. Sadly though, black cats are usually the last to be adopted, despite the fact they’re just as loving and wonderful as a cat of any other colour. Half of the cats we currently have for adoption are black. Many of them are adults, further lowering their chances of adoption.
In honor of Black Cat Day, here are the Top 10 Best Things About Black Cats featuring some of our very own kitties currently up for adoption:
10. When you befriend a black cat, you have a friend for life. They’re some of the most loyal cats around!
Angel loves to be around people, cuddling and receiving pets.
9. They know how to cuddle and they’re experts at it.
Patty Tolan is a confident little fluffball who loves playing and napping, and napping and playing.
8. What they lack in fancy colors they make up for in purrsonality- no two are alike!
7. They have gorgeous eyes that, thanks to their beautiful black coats, truly stand out.
Moogy is super confident and will make herself at home with you in no time.
6. They’re like miniature black panthers, just small enough to fit in your home.
Sesam is very friendly and enjoys spending time with people.
5. They have very distinct meows- you’ll know who’s calling for dinner.
Saffy is a sweet, intelligent lady with an insatiable curiosity for her surroundings and a love for food.
4. They purr so much and so loudly that you wonder how they never run out of purrs.
Lionel‘s a sweetheart and is sure to bring a lot of fun and joy into your life!
3. They usually have a trick or two up their sleeve, like headbutts or hi-fives or turning shoes into beds.
Charlie likes to come up to the bed and sit on the pillow in the morning when he’s hungry.
2. They’re good luck – bring a black cat into your life and it will only get better. And better.
Vidi is extremely sweet and perfect for someone who’s looking for a lap cat.
1. They have sooo much love to give. They’ve often waited so long to be adopted that when they finally are, they will truly be all yours.
Quidi‘s an affection-seeking cuddler who’s always fighting for a spot on his foster mom’s lap.