As a volunteer-driven organization, VOKRA’s success depends on our ability to recruit new volunteers. We’r looking for Volunteer Recruitment Coordinators to assist with attracting and matching volunteers with suitable positions. As this important role is the face of VOKRA for potential volunteers, a positive and encouraging attitude is essential. If you have experience or an interest in recruitment or human resources, we’re looking for you!
- Review and process volunteer applications
- Conduct phone interviews
- Respond to email and phone inquiries
- Liase with department leads to fill vacancies and coordinate interview and orientations
- Make recommendations for volunteer positions suitable for the applicant
- Collaborate with other recruitment coordinators
- Use creativity to increase awareness in the community about volunteering opportunities with VOKRA
- Education or experience in human resources is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with others
- Efective written and verbal communications skills
- We ask for a commitment of 3 – 5 hours per week (based around your schedule) for a minimum of six months
- Volunteers must have access to a personal computer, internet and phone as this position is based almost entirely from home.