We’re looking to grow our team of adoption counsellors and are looking for cat lovers like you. Our adoption counsellors review new adoption applications, interview applicants and, ultimately, match up kitties with adopters. Yah!
Adoption counsellors can take on as many or as few applications as they choose. However, to keep up to date and involved in the adoptions process, it’s ideal for counsellors to have at least 6 hours of volunteer time available per week. Although it may only take a few moments to assist an applicant with their application, it’s important members of the adoptions team respond to emails readily and on a daily basis. All VOKRA volunteers are asked to commit at least 6 months of their time.
Adoption counsellors tasks include:
- Receiving and reviewing new adoption applications
- Contacting applicants, scheduling interviews and follow-up
- Matching kitties and/or suggesting kitties for applicants
- Liase with fosters to learn more about kitties personalities, pairings, etc..
- Working with approved applicants to schedule viewing with kitties
- Follow-up with applicants after viewings
- Forward adopters to the papers team for processing/payment completion
- Respond to adopters queries post adoption
- Update database at each step to reflect status of adoption applications
Members of the adoptions team work closely together to manage the volume of applicants that apply to adopt through VOKRA. If you’re looking to join a fantastic group of people and help kitties find loving forever home then the adoptions team is for you!
To apply to become an adoption counsellor click here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org